J35 Class Association
Thursday, September 21, 2017  Forums Register  Login

Discussion Forms

Subject: Looking for sails

You are not authorized to post a reply.   
Author Messages
Mark Hardy

12/12/2016 10:55 PM  
Hi, I'm the proud, somewhat new owner of a 1984 J/35 in the Pacific Northwest. She's a little strange in that she has two sets of giant self tailing winches in the cockpit, a steering wheel, a Dodger, an Autopilot, an Asym... you get the picture! Despite the mods, she's still plenty fast. In my first and only race so far took she first in her start, first in her class, and 6 of 53 overall. However, I got into sailing so I could go further afield, and this J/35 is pretty ready to go. All she needs is a couple of gaps in her sail quiver filled due to some new owner mistakes. I'm currently looking for a laminate #3 in good+ condition. I had a nice one but my crew got into fights with the roller furler a couple of times. If you have one of these in good shape which you've only raced a season or two and no longer need, please reach out to me! In a similar vein I'm looking for a heavy Dacron #3, Yankee or similarly suited for offshore delivery. Last but not least, storm jibs or storm trysails would round things out for me nicely. I truly appreciate anything you have to offer. Naturally there are lots of other things to spend money on beyond new sails in a 32 year old boat, so I'm happy to entertain options. Best, Mark Zone of Decision chardymark@gmail.com
Larry Taunt

04/13/2017 2:47 PM  
Mark,
unfortunately the forums on this site are used so little that I am sure you didn't receive any responses. I would post this on the J35 forum on Salinganarchy.com It is far more active than this one. . Good luck with the boat and your search for sails.

Larry Taunt
You are not authorized to post a reply.

ActiveForums 3.6
  Copyright 2008 by J35 Class Association Terms Of Use | Privacy Statement | Site Map